Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eric Johnson, and all his awesomeness

so last night i listened to the entire "ah via musicom" album, and i honestly can't remember the last time i listened to this album. i had it the year it came out, my uncle got it for me, i was 5 or 6, it was one of those first cds i ever had, the first being stevie ray vaughn "in step," zz top's "greatest hits," and the black crowes "shake your money maker." i remember waking up early on weekends and loading these cds in my dad's 6 cd changer and putting the volume as low as it would go and sitting with my head right next to the speaker to listen to it so i wouldn't wake up my parents. last night was the first time i'd listened to it in such a long time. that cd and many others disappeared in my junior year of high school when my whole collection got swiped during a show i was running... i've managed to almost buy the whole thing back, but i knew i had forgotten some holes - "ah via musicom" being one of them. when guitar hero III came out and cliffs of dover was on it, that image of me sitting with my head against the speaker came flying back and i had to get it. i will cope with just having the mp3s of it right now (thank you jeremy) but i will go to plan 9 and i will buy it the second i see it.

i gotta admit, i feel kind of like a new person.

No comments: